- Front Lines by Michael Grant
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- Court of Fives by Kate Elliot
- Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- The Cage by Megan Shepherd
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- The Crown by Kiera Cass
Title: My Life Next Door
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: Paperback, 394
Publication: June 14, 2012
“One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.
As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase’s family embraces Samantha – even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha’s world. She’s suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?
A transporting debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.
Series: A Royal Protector Academy Novel
Author: Randi Cooley Wilson
I’m absolutely in LOVE with this cover. It’s so gorgeous. Also, I can’t wait to read this novel. It sounds really intriguing. What do y’all think?
Sheltered, and unable to escape her bloodline, Serena St. Michael has spent the last two years training at the Royal Protector Academy. Struggling with a dark past, Tristan Gallagher’s current assignment is to protect a lifetime of secrets. One chance encounter will change everything. Serena must decide if she will follow her heart, forsaking all she’s ever known and risking a future worse than non-existence. Tristan will break every rule to save Serena, even if he can’t keep her. In their world of darkness, one love will ignite an ancient war. When pasts collide with the present, and secrets are revealed, will love be enough? Or will one lie destroy it all?
When you’ve hidden behind a mask for so long, would you reveal yourself for love? Vernal, the first novel in The Royal Protector Academy series is a dangerously exciting and darkly romantic tale that will take your breath away.
It’s no secret that 2015 was a pretty crappy year for reading and reviewing for me. I hardly read any new releases, which is extremely sad because so many amazing books came out last year. So, here’s my list of 2015 books that I meant to read but never got around to:
- I’ve heard so many excellent things about this book. It was EVERYWHERE after its release. I love books like this, so I’ll definitely need to read it soon.
- Once again, this is one of those books that I’ve seen so much hype for. It’s definitely right up my alley. I love fantasy.
- LEIGH BARDUGO IS MY QUEEN, AND I BOW DOWN TO HER.
- The cover really drew me to this one. It’s simple, but gorgeous. I’ve really been in a contemporary kick lately, so I’ll have to read this soon.
- I love this series so. freaking. much. I have no idea why I’m not caught up on it yet.
- Sarah J. Maas is an excellent author, and this book really intrigued me, but I never got around to reading it. Like I said, 2015 was a slow year in books for me.
- I loved the first book in this series, and, obviously, everybody else loved it too. This series gets a lot of love, but I just never got the chance to pick it up.
- This one had so much hype that I was scared to pick it up.
- When I checked this book out at Barnes and Noble, it was massive. I didn’t think I was ready for that kind of commitment.
- I didn’t really hear anything about this until the very end of 2015, but everything I heard was very positive. I love books that address mental health, so I def need to get this ASAP.
Title: The Glittering Court
Author: Richelle Mead
Pages: Harcover, 416
Publication: April 5, 2016
A dazzling new fantasy series set in a mix of Elizabethan and frontier worlds that’s dripping with romance from Richelle Mead, #1 internationally bestselling author of Vampire Academy.
Big and sweeping, spanning the refined palaces of Osfrid to the gold dust and untamed forests of Adoria, The Glittering Courttells the story of Adelaide, an Osfridian countess who poses as her servant to escape an arranged marriage and start a new life in Adoria, the New World. But to do that, she must join the Glittering Court.
Both a school and a business venture, the Glittering Court is designed to transform impoverished girls into upper-class ladies capable of arranging powerful and wealthy marriages in the New World. Adelaide naturally excels in her training and even makes a few friends: the fiery former laundress Tamsin and the beautiful Sirminican refugee Mira. She manages to keep her true identity hidden from all but one: the intriguing Cedric Thorn, son of the wealthy proprietor of the Glittering Court.
When Adelaide discovers that Cedric is hiding a dangerous secret of his own, together, they hatch a scheme to make the best of Adelaide’s deception. Complications soon arise—first, as they cross the treacherous seas from Osfrid to Adoria, and later, when Adelaide catches the attention of a powerful governor.
But no complication will prove quite as daunting as the potent attraction simmering between Adelaide and Cedric. An attraction that, if acted on, would scandalize the Glittering Court and make them both outcasts in wild, vastly uncharted lands.
- I want to read more books! This year was a huge struggle for reading books. With graduating high school and starting college, I barely had any time in 2015 to read for pleasure. Even though I know college is super busy and hard, I need to make time for myself to read more.
- I want to finish several series that I’ve started, but have not finished. This one has been on my mind forever. I’ve started a shit ton of series, but haven’t finished them, and I hate doing that. It feels so weird having not finished them.
- Some of the series I’ve started but not finished:
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
- The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
- Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
- Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
- Some of the series I want to start:
- The Falconer by Elizabeth May
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The 100 by Kass Morgan
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
- Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard by Rick Riordan
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Starbound by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- His Fair Assassin by Robin LaFevers
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- I want to continue my internet projects. Not only do I run this blog, I also write for The Fandom (an entertainment news website), write a multi-chapter Hunger Games fic, and run a blog for my personal writing. I loovvveee all the stuff that I do, so I hope 2016 will be a year for dedication to my projects
- I want to improve my mental and physical health. While I’ve experienced depression since my early middle school years, this year, I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and began taking medication to treat it. I’m hoping this year will be a year of stable mental health. Additionally, my physical health hasn’t been all that great. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome earlier this year, and I’ve always struggled with my weight. This year, I’m hoping that I will be able to somewhat treat my PCOS and get healthier in terms of my weight.
- I don’t want to stress as much. Yeah, this one speaks for itself. I just don’t want to be stressed out all the damn time.
- I want to increase my GPA. My GPA for my first semester of college was pretty good, but I want it to be even higher.
- I want to figure out my major and minor! When I started school, I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to major in, but that has since changed. I’m currently leaning towards a major in Political Science and a minor in American Studies, but who knows.
My name is Halee, and I’m the founder and core content creator at Confessions of a Book Addict. This blog was a brain child of mine several years ago and has since evolved to what it is now. This past year, I’ve struggled with keeping up with posting content. In fact, for several months there was absolutely no new content on the blog, and that made me extremely sad. I love what this blog is, but, as of late, my schedule has been way too hectic to post the amount that I want to post.
Because of this, I need some new co-bloggers! If you’re interested, not only will you gain a new internet friend, but you’ll also get the chance to be introduced to the amazing community of bloggers that I have discovered since starting my blog. Additionally, you will have the chance to receive ARCs of anticipated novels, be involved in various blog tours, and write/discuss your own opinions on different YA/NA books.
- Have a decent grasp on the English language
- Like reading YA and NA books