Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is: top ten favorite characters in X genre. The genre I’ve chose is… FANTASY. Fantasy is my all time favorite genre, and it has some of my favorite characters. And since this has my favorite characters (which are mainly boys) it’ll probably just end up with me fangirling.
1. Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices- Magnus is just downright brilliant. He’s hot (or at least in my mind), badass, and a freaking warlock. (Plus he’s one-half of Malec, but that’s besides the point.)
2. Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series- I practically grew up with Percy, and because of that, I love him so darn much. He’s courageous, resourceful, and extremely hot. AND HE CAN CONTROL WATER HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT.
3. Jem Carstairs from The Infernal Devices series- Jem is sweet and kind and just pure goodness. (Isn’t that a quote from CP…?) He loves Tessa and Will whole-heartedly and lives life to the fullest because he knows he won’t be there for a long time. He loves Will despite him being a jerk most of the time, and I just love him for that. (And he’s hot, but I’m guessing you already knew that).
4. Jace Insert-extremely-long-last-name-here from The Mortal Instruments series- Yet another hot fictional guy from Cassie Clare’s books. I think I love Jace the most because of how angsty he is. But he’s not just that. He’s determined and smart and strong and just downright amazing. (…And hot…)
5. Puck/Robin Goodfellow from The Iron Fey series- He’s hilarious and a prankster, but still cares deeply about the people he loves *cough*MEAGHAN*cough*.
6. The Lady Katsa from The Graceling Realms series- Katsa is probably the most kickass female that I’ve ever read. (This is also why she’s the only girl on the list). She’s smart and knows how to defend herself, but also is able to show her delicate side later in the book.
7. Archer from The Graceling Realms series- Despite him being a complete manwhore, Archer is amazing. He’s selfless and cares about Fire completely, even when she decides to stop their “friends-with-benefits” thing they had going on. And he’s wicked good with a bow and arrow.
8. Brigan from The Graceling Realms series- Brigan, despite being a total douche to Fire in the beginning, turns out to be extremely sweet and caring. He is an amazing father, and a great (SPOILER) husband.
9. Leo Valdez from the Heroes of Olympus series- I have a thing for guys with a sense of humor, and Leo has a great one. He comes from a dark past, but still manages to be able to pull off that humor and be the funny guy. Plus, him being a son of Hephaestus is freaking amazing.
10. Prince Greening Grandemalion/Po from The Graceling Realms series- Po is amazingly sweet and super badass with his fighting skills. Despite bad things happening to him, he still manages to be the bright side of all the books that he’s in.
Who are your favorite characters in fantasy books?